If you are an experienced xCAT user and plan to contribute to the xCAT code regularly, you can request to become an xCAT Maintainer (includes git push access) by first sending an email to the xCAT users mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If approved, complete and sign our
xCAT Maintainer License Agreement, then scan and email a PDF file to email@example.com .
- Additional information can be found in our maintainers guide below:
The roles and responsibilities of the maintainers are:
- set the direction for the xCAT project, including architectural and design decisions
- commit code (new function or fixes) to the xCAT Git repository (either their own code, or on behalf of another contributor - see below)
- review requests for xCAT contributors to become maintainers (All such requests will be subject to a vote by current maintainers)
- review and help resolve technical concerns or problems regarding the project
All decisions by the maintainers are made by consensus.
When a maintainer merges a pull request for a contributor they must: