How to prepare a image for
- The things needed
- The pkgs, scripts or other files that you needed
- The runme.sh script that you create to operate the needed files
- The steps to generate the image
- create a directory under /install or any other directory that can be accessed with http.
- modify the permission for runme.sh to make sure it is able to be executed
- copy or move the needed files and runme.sh to the created directory
- go to the directory and run tar -zcvf <image> .
In the example, it shows how to install an independent pkg a.rpm
Create the directory for the image:
mkdir -p /install/my_image
Go to the direcotry and copy the rpm file into it:
cd /install/my_image cp /tmp/a.rpm /install/my_image
Write the runme.sh script and modify the permission:
cat runme.sh echo "start installing a.rpm" rpm -ivh a.rpm
modify the runme.sh script permission:
chmod +x runme.sh
Create the tar ball for the directory:
tar -zcvf my_image.tgz .