Extreme Cloud/Cluster Administration Toolkit¶
xCAT stands for Extreme Cloud/Cluster Administration Toolkit.
xCAT offers complete management of clouds, clusters, HPC, grids, datacenters, renderfarms, online gaming infrastructure, and whatever tomorrows next buzzword may be.
- xCAT enables the administrator to:
- Discover the hardware servers
- Execute remote system management
- Provision operating systems on physical or virtual machines
- Provision machines in Diskful (stateful) and Diskless (stateless)
- Install and configure user applications
- Parallel system management
- Integrate xCAT in Cloud
You’ve reached xCAT documentation site, The main page product page is http://xcat.org
xCAT is an open source project hosted on GitHub. Go to GitHub to view the source, open issues, ask questions, and participate in the project.
Table of Contents¶
- Install Guides
- Admin Guide
- Advanced Topics
- Q/A list
- Reference Implementation
- Need Help
- Security Notices